Tuesday 4 December 2012

An Altered Advent Calendar - B is for ...

B is for ...
Bronte !!

As you probably know I am slightly obsessed by the Bronte sisters !!
Well, actually more the works of Emily Bronte but 
as a member of the Bronte Society I love all things related to them.

I try to visit Haworth at least once a year & if possible attend some of the events the society arranges.

The Bronte Parsonage

Of course this obsession spills over into my shop where I have a number of Bronte related pieces but I wont choose those as my second 'B' so what else is B for?

B is for Bee

I love bees !! They are invaluable in the environment & there are problems at the moment with bee numbers so we must do all we can provide areas & gardens that are good for these wonderful creatures 
& attract them to feed & pollinate both flowers & crops.

Antique Silver Bee Necklace

And lastly - because its not all about me - a DIY project, recipe or gift

B is for Banana Daiquiri

Just because it’s December doesn’t mean that only eggnog is on the cocktail menu. 
Bananas have that tropical flair but are available all year.
This simple banana daiquiri is’t thick or overly sweet — 
a common problem with many blended drinks. 
Instead it’s light and refreshing. Oh, and it doesn’t skimp on the booze either.
So let’s forget about the rain and celebrate with a tropical December!
Ingredients
2 oz white rum
juice of half a lime
1 tablespoon sugar
1 cup crushed ice
Half a fresh banana
Instructions
Put all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth (probably about 30 seconds). 
Strain into chilled cocktail glasses. This recipe serves one, so increase accordingly to serve more.

0 comments: